Monday, January 19, 2015

Photo of Dean and Kipper on our porch.

Watercolor on Yupo paper. I covered the whole sheet with mostly greens. When that was dry, I lifted off the paint in the shape of the porch post first. As I traveled across the paper, I lifted off the color in the shapes of the dog, then the flower box, relating each shape to the last one, trying to get the correct sizes. I like the shapes of the newspaper and legs. I like the look of untouched painted areas, so I left the porch swing as the original colors. Next, I need to lift off the paint where the bright siding shines through the plants. I think the shapes relate well with each other considering: I did no drawing on the paper before or during the process. 



1 comment:

  1. I don't understand the process but I like the results.

    ReplyDelete