Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I plan to post whatever I'm working on most recently. It's risky posting the paintings that don't work out, but that's part of the plan. Many times I've learned how NOT to paint, which helps me do better the next time. I have been through a time of 'wilderness wandering' I would say, in my career. After reaching a plateau of workmanship, I became ever discontented. I've been trying new things (and failing a lot), which has been very discouraging. Most recently I've come across a new technique which I find fun and exciting.  I paint a white acrylic (gesso) over my reject paintings and paint on that. The watercolor paints lay on top instead of soaking in the paper.  I can lift out the whites, add different colors on top, and keep doing that until I'm satisfied, or wash the color off altogether, and start all over.  So Here Goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment