Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kellie & Kitten finished

Kellie and Kitten 
Either this is finished, or I'm just tired of working on it.  I've changed the background from dark to light, the front corn shocks from light to dark...The changes could go on forever which is not good if one is an indecisive artist. The part I enjoyed most was lifting out those stray hairs against the background and face. The kitten's fur was pretty easy. The worst part was getting Kellie's face color smooth and then, after getting it smooth, trying to protect it from random drops of water that would ruin it.  I also did her mouth a couple times - too pink, and it looks artificial.  I need fresh eyes - after awhile, I can't tell if it looks good or not.

Kipper - in progress



                       I started a painting of our dog (Kipper).  I was reminded at the Art Show that golden retrievers can be a popular subject. She was lying on our back deck while I walked around her, taking pictures. After awhile, she got up and went out into the yard to lie down.  Guess she had had enough paparazzi attention.





No comments:

Post a Comment